Tuesday 17 January 2012

Transcription - Work From Home Typing For Others



For many years, I searched for a way to work from home using my computer as a way to earn a full-time income. I finally have that satisfaction now because I have found a way to type at home for others.
I first began doing transcription work at a financial services firm I worked at from 1991 to 2004. Some time went by and one of the accountants that I had worked with contacted me to see if I would like to be his personal transcriptionist from my home. I figured this would be a good way to supplement my income so I accepted, and that's exactly what this work turned out to be.
All of the work I do for him is handled via the Internet He emails me the voice file and I type it and email him back the typed Word document. Simple!
As time went by and my frustration with 'office politics' grew, and I knew I had to find some way to turn this transcription work into my full-time business. I found it somewhat difficult to find others like this accountant who would like me to type up their information for them and was not keen on the idea of typing resumes all day.
I began searching online for companies that hire independent contractors to do transcription work for them. What a search it was! I found that in addition to the intermingled transcription businesses out there on the internet were a whole slew of 'get-rich-now-typing-from-home' schemes. Many of them sound so promising, that I must admit I was sucked in to trying a few. Some are now making me a little money, but most are sitting on a shelf collecting dust.
I finally was able to find websites that truly want people to succeed in the transcription business and listings of the businesses that really do hire transcriptionists. The first company I found said it wasn't hiring at the time but that I could leave my email address and would be notified when they were hiring again.
Six months went by and I had long given up on the hope of doing transcription full-time from my home, when lo and behold, they emailed me to say they were hiring and I could test for them if I was interested. I went through the testing and finally scored my first position with a national transcription business as an independent contractor.
During their hiring period we all had more work than we could handle. It was great! But then I realized that they had hired so many ICs (independent contractors) that the work was getting hard to come by. I decided the only thing to do was to secure positions with other transcription businesses to make sure I had a full schedule each week.
I now work exclusively with four transcription companies, one of whom is only quarterly work, one I have to set a schedule two weeks in advance and log in for my scheduled time, one calls me with each job to see if I want it, and the other has me email them how much time I'm available for each day/week and they send me that much work.
So, finally, I can say I work from home full-time with legitimate companies and it's everything I thought it would be and more! I work when I want and from the comfort of home. The pay is comparable to what I made in offices but the freedom is worth more than the money.
CTS Transcription Services explains how you can work from home doing transcription for others, from individuals to national companies. Also includes a free e-book about the process of doing transcription!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Diane_Cantrell

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1864480

No comments:

Post a Comment